Follow these steps to troubleshoot issues where you are unable to scan labels with your Opticon scanner.
- Verify the app and iOS are both up to date.
- Confirm the scanner is connected via bluetooth.
- Access a client and try to scan a label using the scanner.
- If that fails, manually enter the ItemID to ensure that it's a valid product.
- If it is a good product, now try to scan using the camera on the iPad.
If you are unable to scan the label with the iPad's camera, then there is an issue with the labels. If the product ItemID is used on the label, and is longer than 12 characters, it will result in a truncated, non scannable barcode. A product UPC code can be used in its place if available. Please contact your manufacturer's RepZio webmanager.
If you are able to successfully scan the label with the iPad's camera, then there is an issue with the scanner and additional support from Opticon would be needed. Additional support and contact info for Opticon can be found here: